Are you nervous about your boudoir session? Here are some tips to help you relax during your shoot:
1. Play Music – Everyone has an artist that gets them to bring out their alter ego. Your playlist may include Cardi B, Meg the Stallion, Beyonce, and/or Jill Scott. Whatever or whomever it may be, we want you to be completely comfortable and relaxed. Most importantly, we want you to enjoy yourself. One of the questions on the questionnaire that is asked is: What are some songs/artists that would make up a perfect playlist for you during this session? Create your perfect playlists that will be played during your session. Send us the list. If all you know is an artist or even one song we can assist with creating the perfect playlist for you. This will help you to calm down and feel comfortable.
2. Deep Breathing – I know I know...this is not your typical session. So anxiety is through the roof. So many things going through your head and more than likely it's you thinking about the negatives about your body worrying how you will look or if you look good enough already.
Let me tell you right now....YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!!! So before your session practice deep breathing. This is a proven relaxation method. Breathe in deeply through your nose and exhale through your nose. Repeat until you feel better. Deep breathing is one of the best ways to lower stress in the body. This is because when you breathe deeply, it sends a message to your brain to calm down and relax.
3. Take a Break – If you’re feeling overwhelmed, we can take a break from shooting and talk and relax before resuming the session. Your session will never be forced. At anytime, if you feel uncomfortable we'll step back and refer to number 2, collect ourselves and continue when you're ready.
4. Drink – Not to get drunk, but just enough to help you cut loose. Feeling a little buzzed will help tremendously. Before the session you'll have to let us know if you prefer Red or White. We offer wine or champagne with every boudoir session. Plus it's something about holding a wine glass while posing that's sexy. Those that eventually see the image ask questions like "where did that smile come from", "I wonder who she's thinking of" you get the point right?
5. Laugh It Off – A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after. If you’re feeling silly in front of the camera, laugh at yourself. Laughter is a great relaxation technique. It will help you loosen up. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh.